In-House French linguist (Part time role)
Locaria is a pioneering digital language services agency that sits within The Stagwell Group. We maximise the effectiveness and performance of global content seamlessly across territory, platform and media for brands with international ambition.
We combine engagement metrics with content creation processes by harnessing data from all stages of the customer journey including awareness, consideration and engagement. We do this in any language combination, across more than 90 markets.
Our global performance linguistics clients include the world’s top brands across luxury, retail, travel, hospitality, finance, market research and tech.
Do you want a steady stream of work as a translator? Providing content for luxurious and influential international companies sounds like your thing? Interested in gaining experience as a translator? This might be an opportunity for you to join a team of in-house translators based in Barcelona. The position is for 12 months initially with the possibility of becoming permanent full time role at the end of that period.
This position is based in our Barcelona office (though staff are currently working from home short term due to the pandemic).
Monday to Friday 10am to 2pm (4 hours), part time role
- Translation/localisation/transcreation and origination of content assigned by Project Managers
- (PMs) in London and Barcelona (expected daily throughput of 2,000 words minimum).
- Review of localisations carried out by freelancers and providing feedback on the quality
- Creative copywriting
- Keyword research to improve page rankings
- Review and evaluation of linguistic tests from potential new freelancers
- Assist with pitches to obtain new clients (review of the brand website, create an error report, evaluate the quality of the content, etc.)
- Taking control of own workload to meet deadlines and prioritise requests from project managers
- Provide market insights, content review and analysis when necessary
- Keep translation memories, glossaries and term bases updated
- Contribute to style guides and other market specific documentation
- Native Speaker of French
- Translation or Linguistic degree essential
- Good command of English (verbal and written) to communicate with PMs. Source texts will be mainly in English
- Proven record of high-quality translation work (references will be checked)
- Experience with CAT tools (Trados and MemoQ), CMS, and familiar with Translation Project Management Systems
How to Apply?
To apply for this position, please send:
- Covering letter and CV
- Add the reference BCN’20 (French) in the subject line
- Include the following text translation:
Located in the heart of New York City in Midtown Manhattan, the stylish New York [Brand] hotel is within walking distance from New York’s premier attractions such as TimesSquare, Radio City Music Hall, Fifth Avenue shopping, the Broadway Theatre District,Central Park, The Museum of Modern Art (MOMA) and many more iconic New Yorklandmarks. Select from a variety of modern, spacious guest rooms featuring on-demand entertainment and high-speed internet access with a special pricing starting from $99.Upgrade to a suite and enjoy access to the Executive Lounge for complimentary breakfast and afternoon hors d’oeuvres.
In return for your enthusiasm and expertise, we’ll reward you with a competitive salary and an enviable range of benefits that includes: a 7€ daily lunch allowance, 22 day holiday allowance, full access to our Employee assistance programme, and a referral scheme. You may also have the opportunity to visit our head office in London for our yearly social events