Descripción del puesto de trabajo y cualificación necesaria
We are the European Shared Services Center of Air Products, a world-leading Industrial Gases company with operations in 50 countries. With more than 300 employees based in Cornellà de Llobregat, we support the group’s various subsidiaries from all over Europe and other regions. We have created a unique multicultural environment composed by employees of around 30 different nationalities.
Looking for a job where you practice your language skills daily and work as part of a multicultural team?
As part of the Air Products’ European Shared Service Center located in Barcelona, you will fill the Procurement Coordinator role.
You will be responsible for turning purchase requests into formal Purchase Orders, sending these to suppliers and coordinating communication between them and the internal customers who have requested the purchase.
A Typical Day Can Vary As You Manage Your Own Time To Get These Tasks Done, But Might Look As Follows
- Converting Purchase requests into formal Purchase Orders (PO) using SAP and emailing them to vendors
- Working through emails received, responding as necessary
- Making any changes to existing POs as requested
- Following up with vendors that have not confirmed our PO
- Coordinating with Regional Buyers to maintain purchasing contracts
- Using pre-written macros and SAP to run a variety of analytical reports ranging from detecting imbalances for what was ordered/received/invoiced to any PO follow-up needed
- Managing any invoice discrepancies and finding the best solution
- Coordinating with your team on any regional/country specific tasks to be done such as fleet invoice management
- Taking on a specialized task within the team and become the team expert in that topic
- Coordinating with other departments regarding any topic
- Acting as a potential backup for other countries
Required Skills EDUCATION, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- Fluent in English and Spanish.
- Fluent in any other EU language – French or Dutch highly valued
- Efficient in computer skills: Excel (advanced desired), Microsoft Word, PowerPoint
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Positive attitude
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Time management and task prioritization
- Working under time pressure
Desired / Beneficial Skills
- Formal Education in Business Administration
- 2-3 years of experience in an office environment, preferably in finance/supply chain.
- Fluent in other European Languages
- Previous experience with SAP
Air Products offers a large variety of benefits for its employees which can include:
- Yearly bonus based on company’s results
- Private health insurance
- Free wellness (incl. sports) classes
- Spanish classes for non-Spanish speakers
- Assistance to enable work/home life balance