Accountant / Controller with French or Italian
PAGANTIS is an established Spanish fintech company founded in 2011 which provides automated, friction-free ‘buy now pay later’ services to large and small merchants in Spain, Italy and France.
The company has been recently acquired by Afterpay Touch Group (an Australian listed company with a market cap of AU$ 27 bn and global leading operations in the ‘buy now pay later’ industry) and is to serve as a platform for European expansion in the months to come.
The accountant plays a pivotal role in supporting the two Financial Controllers currently present in the Finance team at Pagantis to ensure accurate and timely financial reports are delivered to the other Group’s finance departments (Tax, Control, Treasury, Transformation etc). His/her primary role is to manage the financial systems and processes to ensure financial information is timely, accurate, complete and compliant with relevant accounting requirements and expectations for Pagantis and the Afterpay Touch Group. Specifically, the accountant will play a key role in building and documenting new tax, control and treasury processes as part of the integration with Afterpay Touch Group, and with a specific focus on international markets (i.e. currently Italy and France).
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
Timely and Accurate Reporting
- Drive the month end activities and reporting cycle for Pagantis in alignment with agreed timelines. Preparation of month end journals and balance sheet reconciliations, and analytical review of variances and material movements.
Best Practice External Disclosure
- Working with the Group Finance team, ensure the Group’s financial reporting is not only compliant but at a best practice level for a listed entity.
Internal Controls and Compliance
- Together with the Financial Controllers at Pagantis, ensure the appropriate level of internal controls are in place to safeguard the integrity of financial data.
- Establish and maintain all financial procedures, practices, controls and policies in accordance with financial and accounting principles, all legal and corporate/regulatory requirements and required governance practices for Pagantis.
- Partnering with the broader Finance and Transformation teams, lead and implement continuous improvement in financial systems, processes and analytics.
Desired Experience and Skillset:
- Qualified accountant with 3-5 years of experience in accounting or auditing firms or other relevant corporates;
- Experience in working with financial institutions (banks or fintech companies), especially if in the consumer lending space, would be a big plus (although not a pre-requisite)
- Experience in account reconciliations, account management, financial analysis, internal control – strong attention to detail and focus on continued improvement
- Knowledge of major accounting systems and experience in implementing and developing them over time
- Highly committed and motivated to be part of a strong team and business with an ambitious international expansion plan
- Flexibility and ability to work in an unstructured environment (a technology company in particular) and adapt to a dynamic and changing environment
- Despite all internal communications will occur in English and fluency in English is necessary for the role; fluency in Italian, French and Spanish would be highly valued for the role.
Other Desirable Skills and Qualifications:
- Experience in dealing with financial regulators and familiarity with ongoing financial regulations
- Ability to code with main programming languages and tools, familiarity with databases and data management tools (e.g. SQL, mySQL)
- Great working environment
- Competitive salary
- Opportunity to constantly learn new technologies and grow as a professional according to your own interests.
- Flexible Compensation Plan: Restaurant/ Transport/ Nursery tickets
- Extended annual holiday leave
- Flexible working hours
- Half day Fridays
- PC Equipment of your choice
- Private Health Insurance
- Referral Bonus
- Training Programs
- Fresh Organic Fruit, Coffee & Tea